For allowing monetization objective of entertainment based services on trains and stations the new railways policy has been framed.
● Entertainment services shall be provided through audio (P.A systems) and video systems (personal devices of the passengers)on trains and platforms
● Provision of content such as movies, shows, educational programs shall be in both paid and unpaid formats
● Indian Railways shall offer Content on Demand services contract for a tenure of ten years
● The assets to be offered via a transparent E-auction process
● More than INR 6,000 Cr is expected to be generated by the end of the contract