IRCTC Connect App - Indian Railways E-ticketing System caters to over 10 lakhs passengers daily (comprising 58 percent of total reserved passengers) who can book Railways reserved tickets without leaving their homes/offices. To increase the ease to users, a new Android based mobile app for reserved booking “IRCTC Rail Connect” has been developed to bring the power of Next Generation E-ticketing System like High Performance and Enhanced Security.
This app will replace the existing ‘IRCTC connect’ app. The existing app had limited features like:
● No Bookings allowed from 8am to 12:00 noon
● Ticket booking views not synchronised with website bookings.
● Feature like current booking and boarding point change were missing.
● Slow response time.
● Low security levels.
New IRCTC Rail Connect app has following features:
● 24/7 service with no time based checks.
● Synchronisation of mobile app with NGET for ticket booking.
● Simple and easy User Interface
● Supports General, Ladies, Tatkal & Premium-Tatkal quota booking.
● Facility of
○ Cancellation and Filing of TDR for tickets booked through website.
○ Current Booking
○ Boarding Point change
○ PNR Enquiry
○ Tatkal booking provided in a controlled manner
● Advanced security features of self-assigned PIN to login without entering username and password on each login.
● New User registration and activation from App directly.
● Integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for faster and hassle free transactions.
● Users can view and cancel old mobile app tickets also.
The App provides Payment Gateway linked to more than 40 banks to facilitate payments through net banking, Credit cards, Debit Cards and wallets of PayTM, PayU, Mobikwik and IRCTC. Gradually more wallets like SBI Buddy etc will be integrated.