In pursuant of the Budget announcement, for increasing the Non Fare Revenue, Ministry of Railways has announced new policies on various initiatives within the Non-Fare Revenue space. These policies will look into different areas ranging from advertising in trains and other areas such as bridges and other assets, setting up of ATMs at platforms to digital content for passengers.
Salient Features of the Policies:
The policies are based on feedback from the key players in the industry. Some of the key inputs considered in the policies are:
● Long Term Contracts – 10 years
● Single Point of Contact within Indian Railways - Non Fare Revenue Directorate
● Credibility of Partner - including a technical and financial capability model
● Transparent Process - E- Auction
● Better media planning for Railway assets – Allowing zone/train/station wise packages