Hot election air is blowing in full swing, Internet is free, Freedom to Internet Broadcast, Webcast, Cybercasting etc. has no bounding but the facilities of use of broadcast time and telecast time will be available only to ‘National Parties’ and ‘Recognized State Parties’ in respect of Goa, Punjab, Manipur, Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh. Are you ready to tap the largest mass communication opportunity officially available to any one participating in Election 2017? Keep your schedule handy and read on the official provisions carefully.
Goa, Punjab, Manipur, Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh 2017 General Election for Legislative Assemblies - Regarding Allotment of Broadcast and Telecast time to National and State Political Parties..
A copy of the Order No.437/TA-LA/2017/Communication, dated 11th January, 2017 issued by the Commission regarding allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to National/State political parties in the General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Goa, Punjab, Manipur, Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh 2017 is enclosed for the information of the general public.
Election Commission of India
New Delhi, Dated 11 January, 2017
The eleven point Salient features of TV Display scheme is given here which is issued by order of, Dhirendra Ojha, Director::
1. The facilities will be available from the Regional Kendra of the All India Radio and Doordarshan and in the headquarters of Goa, Punjab, Manipur, Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh and relayed by other stations within the above mentioned States/UTs.
Time allotted for Telecast/Broadcast:
2. A base time of 45 minutes will be given to each National Party and Recognized State Party (recognized in respect of Goa, Punjab, Manipur, Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh) uniformly on the Regional Kendras of Doordarshan network and All India Radio network in the above mentioned States/UTs.
3. The additional time to be allotted to the parties has been decided on the basis of the poll performance of the parties in the last assembly election from the respective above mentioned States/UTs.
4. In a single session of broadcast, no party will be allocated more than 15 minutes.
Date of Telecast/Broadcast:
5. The period of broadcast and telecast will be between the last date of filing the nominations for the first phase of poll and two days before the date of poll (in each phase) in the respective of above mentioned States/UTs.
6. The Prasar Bharati Corporation in consultation with the Commission will decide the actual date and time for broadcast and telecast. This will be subject to the broad technical constraints governing the actual time of transmission available with the Doordarshan and All India Radio.
Submission of Transcripts in advance:
7. The guidelines prescribed by the Commission for telecast and broadcast will be strictly followed. The parties will be required to submit transcripts and recording in advance. The parties can get this recorded at their own cost in studios, which meet the technical standards prescribed by the Prasar Bharati Corporation or at the Doordarshan/All India Radio Kendra. They can, in the alternative, have these recorded in the studios of Doordarshan and All India Radio by advance requests. In such cases, the recordings may be done at the State Capital and at timings indicated by Doordarshan/All India Radio in advance.
Panel Discussions and Debate:
8. In addition to the broadcast by parties, the Prasar Bharati Corporation will organize a maximum of two panel discussions and/or debates on the Kendra/Station of Doordarshan/All India Radio. Each eligible party can nominate one representative to such a programme.
9. The Election Commission of India will approve the names of coordinators for such panel discussions and debates in consultation with the Prasar Bharati Corporation.
Guidelines for observance in Telecasts/Broadcasts:
10. The telecasts/broadcasts on Doordarshan/AIR will not permit:
a) Criticism of other countries;
b) Attack on religions or communities;
c) anything obscene or defamatory;
d) incitement of violence;
e) anything amounting to contempt of court;
f) aspersion against the integrity of the President and Judiciary;
g) anything affecting the unity, socereignty and integrity of the Nation;
h) any criticism by name of any person;
Time Vouchers for Parties:-
11. will be available in the denomination of 5 minutes with one voucher having time allotment from 1 to 4 minutes and the parties will be free to combine them suitably. The allotment of time to different political parties is given in a statement enclosed herewith.